Rapid-fire tweets from overlapping social media shows Web 2.0 Summit, DeFrag Conference 2010, Amplify and TWTRCON SF10 overwhelmed my Twitter feed this week. How can anyone keep up with all this information (and still do an honest day’s work)? Homework this weekend, that’s the answer! Here are the links to the articles and video footage that I plan to review. Please join me because I really don’t like to do homework alone.
Web 2.0 Summit (November 15-17, 2010) San Francisco, CA
Co-produced by O’Reilly Media and UBM TechWeb in association with John Battelle’s Federated Media, the Seventh Annual Web 2.0 Summit (formally known as the Web 2.0 Conference) was live-streamed for the first time in its history this year, and video footage is available on YouTube from O’Reilly Media. Here are a few links to videos that caught my interest, but there are more here:
- A Conversation with Mark Zuckerberg , CEO of Facebook (Video)
- A Conversation with Carol Bartz, CEO of Yahoo! (Video) See also VatorNews article below.
- A Conversation with Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google (Video)
- A Conversation with Robin Li, founder and CEO of China’s Baidu (Video)
- Internet Trends with Mary Meeker, Morgan Stanley (Video): Frames 10 questions that Internet executives should be thinking about.
DeFrag Conference 2010 (November 17-18) Denver, CO
- Social Cognition, From Defrag (Blog) (Stowe Boyd)
- Twitter to Sell 50% of All Tweets for $360k/Year Through Gnip (Blog) (ReadWriteWeb, Marshall Kirkpatrick)
- Cloud impact: A state of the art discussion (Blog & Podcast) (Michael Krigsman, ZDNet)
- This Week in APIs – November 13-19 (Blog) (Shanley Kane, apigee)
- Big Data. New Physics. (Blog) (Jeff Jonas/IBM)
Amplify Business Pitch Competition (November 18) (San Francisco, CA)
- Esther Dyson on space travel and Groupon (Blog) (Faith Merino, VatorNews)
- Eric Ries on learning, failing, and pivoting (Blog) (Faith Merino, VatorNews)
TWTRCON SF 2010 (November 18) San Francisco, CA
The fourth TWTRCON SF 2010 was a one-day event whose agenda featured case studies from major brands, workshops and mini tutorials.
- TWTRCON SF Focuses on Analytics, Influence (Blog) (Lesly Simmons, BlackWeb 2.0)
- The Future of Advertising Has Been Promoted: A New Study (Blog) (Brian Solis)
- Interview with Twitter Revenue Chief Adam Bain (Video) (Kara Swisher, AllThingsDigital/WSJ) Interview at TWTRCON.
These are the best links that I’ve found so far. If you have a blog posting covering these events or a speaker’s presentation from one of these shows that you would like to add, please put a link to it in a comment below.
Tags: Amplify, Baidu, Carol Bartz, DeFrag Conference, Eric Ries, Eric Schmidt, Esther Dyson, Ev Williams, Facebook, Fred Wilson, Google, John Doerr, Mark Zuckerberg, Mary Meeker, Robin Li, Social Cognition, Stowe Boyd, Twitter, TWTRCON 2010, Vinod Khosla, Web 2.0 Summit, Yahoo!, Zappos